All of us start the day planning and thinking about daily responsibilities, thousand other stuffs and tasks that we have to do. Fortunately, there is one thing you don’t have to be worry about, it just happens unconditionally without even requiring your attention, which is “breathing”. Breathing is a very important to keep our bodies alive. Such process afford us with continuous supply of energy while leaving carbon dioxide as it is considered poisonous waste. So, how can we accomplish this complex task?
Lungs is one of our bodies greatest machine. They are not only the largest organs but also make up a crucial part of the respiratory system. That’s why we must prioritize our lungs health and protect them with the proper care.
What does mean “detox” ? How does it work ?
It is really important to understand what does the term “detox” really mean a d how it works as long as there is a lot of misunderstanding.
In our daily routine, we are aware of our external cleanliness ( brushing teeth or hair or bathing ... ), similarly, you have to consider detoxification as an internal cleaning and never ignore it in order to prevent diseases even when you are feeling well.
Detoxifying your lungs means to neutralize and help them get rid of toxins and unwanted harmful products in order to improve and optimize the way they function. However, if you are smoking you have to quite or your effort will be in vain because cigarettes are number one lung cancer risk factor. You attempt to detox will be useless if you are also exposed to second hand smoke or chemicals. So, it would be better if you wear a face mask or you can simply cover your nose and mouth with a handkerchief whenever you enter to such areas in order to avoid irritating your lungs.
What Should I Eat ?
Over time, toxins and bacteria can damage your lungs and leave it deadly. Here is a list of natural remedies that will help you detox your lungs. However, 2 days before starting detoxification make sure that you didn’t use all dairy products to avoid any other bacteria.
1. Raw honey : Honey helps you to detox your lungs especially for people who recently quit smoking and want to cleanse their lungs. Honey is also very affective to keep lung cancer away. Most people who begin honey therapy notice the difference after only one week. They start up coughing tar and find it easier to breathe. Honey also contains minerals that help repair the damaged tissue.
2. Thyme : Thyme reinforce immune system to protect your body. It contains several purifying oils, provides you with important nutrients like potassium, calcium, magnesium and is loaded with rich amounts of vitamin C which strengthen the body’s resistance against infections and illnesses such as colds and cough and help you get rid of throat infection.
3. Fenugreek : The benefits of fenugreek are countless, it is a very powerful remedy especially for asthma and chest pain. What you have to do is to boil one tablespoon of fenugreek from 10 to 13 minutes and take this medicine once per day. You can also mix fenugreek and olive oil in similar quantities and take half tablespoon after each meal.
4. Watercress : This is a tremendous herbal remedy. It contains a large of vitamins and minerals and is packed with anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal that protect you from cancer and other diseases such as Oligochaete. Watercress is not only good for your respiratory system but also very effective for your blood, digestive system and skin.
5. Black Pepper Corn : You should include pepper in your daily diet . It helps thinning mucus from your lungs. It is also packed with several nutritious elements that strengthen your immune system. If you mix black pepper and turmeric, you’ll obtain a new substance that works as anti-oxidant, anti-cancer and is more powerful than vitamin C when healing your lungs.
6. Cinnamon : This spice provides you with high amounts of calcium, fiber, iron and minerals. It also contain anti-inflammatory properties that will help you loose mucus, protects you from coughs and cold and cleanse your sinuses. However, high amount of cinnamon can effect your liver negatively in a long term. It is also recommended to mix 1 tablespoon of honey and 1/3 of cinnamon and eat it for 3 days.
7. Ginger : Ginger is widely used for treating respiratory problems thanks to its healing properties. It is a natural decongestant that help you loose mucus, remove it from the lungs and thus ease breathing. It anti-inflammatory properties also helps relaxing the airway smooth muscle and get rid of phlegm.
8. Garlic : Garlic contains “allicin” which help to fight infections and reduces inflammations. Garlic plays an important role in reducing the risk of lung cancer as well.
9. Lemon : Lemon is loaded with several minerals and vitamins which are very effective to heal your lungs . Although smoking destroys calcium and vitamin C in the body, you can easily substitute them if you only take a fresh lime juice.
10. Water : Lots of water is a very essential part of all detoxification system as it provides you with a full hydration. This may push you to urinate a lot butt you are really helping your body to eliminate toxins. It is recommended to drink 2 litters of water, tea herbals are also very effective.